2019 Fleurs de Prairie Seed Grant Application
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET & VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGED 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits (“Sponsor”), employees, officers and employees of The Thomas Collective, their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors, as well as employees and owners or wholesaler or retailer licensees, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws. Void where prohibited. No more than one (1) entry per person.
2. TO ENTER: The Fleurs de Prairie Seed Grant program (the “Contest”) entry period begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“EST”) on Friday, March 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on Friday, September 6, 2019. Visit fleursdeprairie.com/seedsofbeauty to apply for the Contest and view these rules. To enter, fill out all required fields and upload all required documentation as stated on the entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor’s server by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, September 6, 2019 (each complete submission is an “Entry”). Note that any incomplete or falsified Entries will be ineligible and will not be considered. Once submitted, an Entry is final and may not be altered or edited.
- Entry fields include:
- Date of birth
- Personal/brand website URL (optional)
- Instagram (optional)
- Answer the following questions in 250 words or less, per question
- Why do you think Fleurs de Prairie should give you a seed grant?
- How do you “create beauty?”
- What impact does your work have on your community?
- How could this seed grant help your brand grow?
- Entries must:
- not ever have been previously submitted in any competition or contest of any kind;
- not use any name, likeness, or any other identifying element, in whole or in part, of any person, living or dead, without permission;
- not be subject to any third-party agreement or require payment or incurrence of any sums to obtain further permissions of any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or rights therein or portions, or modified versions or derivative works thereof;
- not include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by entrant or material that is used without permission (including but not limited to company names, photographs, works of art or images published on any media) or that otherwise infringes or violates the rights of any third party (including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights or other intellectual property rights);
- not feature, refer to, or mention any companies or brands other than entrant or entrant’s brands or Sponsor or Sponsor’s brands;
- not include any unauthorized plagiarism of any kind;
- not contain nudity, inappropriate, indecent, sexually explicit, pornographic or obscene content or images (which shall be determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion);
- not describe children or items especially appealing to children;
- not contain political or politically themed or motivated messages, statements or images;
- not promote excessive or underage drinking, drugs, tobacco or firearms;
- not defame, slander, libel, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks or any other content that could adversely affect the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor or any other individuals and/or entities affiliated or associated with Sponsor, the Contest, or any prizes, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of Sponsor;
- not depict or include images that may be considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, violent, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in any manner as solely determined by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry for any reason.
3. PRIZE/WINNER SELECTION: On or around Friday, October 4, 2019, representatives of the Sponsor will reveal three winners that have been chosen by a panel consisting of members from Fleurs de Prairie, The Thomas Collective and a qualified judge, unaffiliated with Sponsor (each, a “Potential Winner”). Chance plays no part in determining the Potential Winners. The panel of judges will evaluate each submission and select three (3) Entries exclusively based on the following criteria: submission’s appropriateness to theme of creating beauty in their community 35%, demonstrate need for a grant 30%, verification of impacting community through work 35%. The Potential Winners will be officially notified by the end of the day on Friday October 18, 2019.
The Potential Winners will be notified by phone or email at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility which must be returned within the time period specified in notification letter, or an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. Inability to contact a Potential Winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate Potential Winner selected from the remaining eligible Entries. Upon final completion of the required affidavits and Sponsor’s confirmation of the eligibility of the Potential Winner, each confirmed Potential Winner shall be deemed a Winner of the Contest.
Prizes: Three (3) Winners will each receive two thousand five hundred U.S. dollars (USD $2,500.00). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00). Total ARV of all prizes is seven thousand five hundred dollars ($7,500.00). The prize does not contain alcoholic beverages.
No substitutions for the prize or any of its elements shall apply, except at the election of Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability. In such a case, a prize of comparable value will be awarded. The prize is not transferable or assignable. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the prize package will be forfeited and will not be substituted. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on the prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize and not specified are the sole responsibility of the Winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this promotion; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, any violation of these rules by them, and use or misuse of a prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a Winner; and [c] to automatically confer on Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify and create derivative works of all or any portion of entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, on air and within fleursdeprairie.com in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, illegible, garbled, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered, for any reason or any error, including human error, will not be eligible. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these rules will be void and ineligible. Sponsor and its affiliates and agents are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including, without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error that may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [d] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest or submission to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or conduct of the Contest, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or cash redemption. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized website address of fleursdeprairie.com/seedsofbeauty. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any Potential Winner who enters by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry, at any time, in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules, or if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices (including entering a submission that is not the entrant’s own original creation) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if not capable of completion or running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws principles. By participating in the Contest, Entrants consent to the sole jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Stamford, Connecticut. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these official rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these official rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
5. WARRANTY: By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents (i) that the Entrant owns all rights to the Entry and submission he/she is entering in this Contest, (ii) that the Entrant is the individual referred to in the submission (iii) and that his/her Entry and submission(s): (a) are original to the Entrant and have been legally obtained and created, (b) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, rules regulations, or network standards; and (c) have not been entered in or won any previous contests or awards.
7. PUBLICITY: By submitting an entry, you grant to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, its affiliated companies and the products or services of each, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state) or biographical information.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and related companies, other companies associated with the promotion and operation of the Contest, directors, employees and agents of each (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use/misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: [a] unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; [b] technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; [c] printing errors or any errors made in the advertisement of the Contest; [d] lost, late, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, destroyed or mutilated Entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations or transmissions, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials or failures in transmission of Entries; [e] errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or [f] lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail. Entrant shall not receive any compensation or credit for use of an Entry other than that disclosed in these Official Rules. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest, all prizes, and all materials provided on or through any Contest website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
10. WINNER LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or for a list of Winners (please specify), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by Tuesday, December 31, 2019, to: The Thomas Collective/2019 Fleurs de Prairie Seed Grant Rules or Winner List, 37 West 28th Street, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Sponsor: Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, Attn: Fleurs de Prairie, 201 Tresser Blvd, Ste 500 Stamford, CT 06901