2020 Fleurs de Prairie "Seeds of Beauty" Seed Grant Contest
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGED 21 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
- TO ENTER: The Fleurs de Prairie “Seeds of Beauty” Seed Grant contest (the “Contest” or “Promotion”) entry period begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Monday, June 22, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, August 31, 2020. There are two (2) ways to enter. Entrants may enter only once, regardless of method of entry.
- Internet Entry: Visit com/seedsofbeauty to enter the Contest and view these rules. To enter, fill out all required fields and upload all required documentation as stated on the entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor’s server by 11:59:59 PM EST on Monday, August 31, 2020 (each complete submission is an “Entry” submitted by an “Entrant”). Note that any incomplete or falsified Entries will be ineligible and will not be considered. Once submitted, an Entry is final and may not be altered or edited.
Entry fields include:
- Date of birth
- Personal/brand website URL (optional)
- Instagram account name (optional)
- Answer each of the following questions in 250 words or less, per question
- How do you “create beauty?”
- How could $5,000 help you grow your business?
- What impact does your work have on your community?
- Photo of Applicant
- Name and description of Company
- Mail-In Option: To enter the Contest, on a postcard, legibly print your name, date of birth, email address, physical address, name of company, description of company, personal/brand website URL (optional), Instagram Account Name (optional). On separate postcards, please answer each of the following questions in 250 words or less, per question:
- How do you “create beauty?”
- How could $5,000 help you grow your business?
- What impact does your work have on your community?
Place all postcards in an envelope, along with a Photo of the Entrant and mail to:
The Thomas Collective
Attn: FDP Seeds of Beauty Contest
700 Columbus Ave Unit #20911
New York, NY 10025
All Entries (via either method of entry) must:
- not use any name, likeness, or any other identifying element, in whole or in part, of any person, living or dead, including look-alikes, without permission;
- not be subject to any third-party agreement or require payment or incurrence of any sums to obtain further permissions of any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the idea or rights therein or portions, or modified versions or derivative works thereof;
- not include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by Entrant or material that is used without permission (including but not limited to company names, photographs, works of art or images published on any media) or that otherwise infringes or violates the rights of any third party (including but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy, moral rights or other intellectual property rights);
- not feature, refer to, or mention any companies or brands other than Entrant or Entrant’s brands or Sponsor or Sponsor’s brands;
- not include any unauthorized plagiarism of any kind;
- not contain nudity, inappropriate, indecent, sexually explicit, pornographic or obscene content or images (which shall be determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion);
- not describe children or items especially appealing to children;
- not contain political or politically themed or motivated messages, statements or images;
- not promote excessive or underage drinking, drugs, tobacco or firearms;
- not defame, slander, libel, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks or any other content that could adversely affect the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor or any other individuals and/or entities affiliated or associated with Sponsor, the Contest, or any prizes, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of Sponsor;
- not depict or include images that may be considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, violent, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in any manner as solely determined by Sponsor.
- Not appear to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
- Not violate any law
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry for any reason.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win the Contest. Employees, officers and directors of Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits (“Sponsor”), as well as employees, officers and employees of The Thomas Collective, their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors, as well as employees and owners or alcoholic beverage wholesaler or retailer licensees, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws. Void where prohibited. No more than one (1) entry per person. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final. By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
- FINALIST SELECTION: On or around Monday, September 14, 2020, representatives of the Sponsor will reveal ten (10) finalists that have been chosen by a panel of judges consisting of independent and unaffiliated individuals (as solely determined by Sponsor), members of the Fleurs de Prairie team, Zap Water, and The Thomas Collective (collectively, the “Judges”). The Judges will evaluate each submission and select ten (10) Entries exclusively based on the following criteria: (1) Entry’s appropriateness to theme of creating beauty in their community=maximum 34 points; (2) Entrant’s demonstrated need for a grant=maximum 33 points; (3) verification of impacting community through work =maximum 33 points (collectively the “1st Round Score”) The 1st Round Score will be calculated as “XX out of 100”. The ten Entrants with the highest 1st Round Scores will be the finalists and will be officially notified by the end of the day on Tuesday, September 15, 2020. The finalists will be notified by email and will be required to confirm receipt of email within the time period specified in notification letter, or an alternate finalist may be selected.
- PRIZE/WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The names and photographs of the ten (10) finalists will then be posted on fleursdeprairie.com/seedsofbeauty, and will include instructions on how to participate in a public internet vote on a public voting website (URL to be determined) (“Voting Website”), this vote will be worth a maximum of 10 points toward determining the final score of the Contest (“Final Round Score”), with the finalist with the highest vote total receiving 10 points, the finalist with second highest vote total receiving 9 points, etc. Finalists receiving no votes will get no points. The remaining 90 points of the Final Round Score will be determined by the Judges based on the following criteria: (1)Entry’s appropriateness to theme of creating beauty in their community=maximum 30 points; (2) Entrant’s demonstrated need for a grant=maximum 30 points; (3) verification of impacting community through work =maximum 30 points. The Judges will meet on or around September 30, 2020, to determine the Final Round Score. The Judges First Round Score need not have any correlation to his/her Final Round Score.
Visitors to the Voting Website will be allowed to vote for the finalist of their choice beginning on or around Monday, September 21, 2020 and close on Monday, September 28, 2020. Visitors will be allowed to cast only one vote. The three (3) finalists with the highest scores (“Potential Winner(s)”) will be notified by email on or around October 5, 2020. In the event of a tie, the Entry with the highest First Round Score will be deemed the applicable potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all Prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Sponsor may require finalists and Potential Winners to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, ”Affidavit”). The Affidavit must be returned within the time period specified in the notification email, or an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. Inability to contact a Potential Winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate Potential Winner selected from the remaining eligible Entries or finalists. Upon final completion of the required affidavits and Sponsor’s confirmation of the eligibility of the Potential Winner, the Potential Winner shall be deemed a Winner of the Contest.
Prizes: Three (3) Winners will each receive five thousand U.S. dollars (USD $5,000.00). Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is five thousand dollars ($5,000.00). Total ARV of all prizes is fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000.00). The prize does not contain alcoholic beverages. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the Prize.
No substitutions for the prize or any of its elements shall apply, except at the election of Sponsor or as
may be necessary due to unavailability. In such a case, a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. The prize is not transferable or assignable. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the prize package will be forfeited and will not be substituted. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- GENERAL: Taxes on the prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize not
specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner. By participating, Entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this promotion; [b] to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, resulting from their participation in the Contest, any violation of these rules by them, and use or misuse of a prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and [c] to automatically confer on Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify and create derivative works of all or any portion of entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, on air and within Sponsor’s family of websites (including http://www.fleursdeprairie.com) in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, illegible, garbled, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered, for any reason or any error, including human error, will not be eligible. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these rules will be void and ineligible. Sponsor and its affiliates and agents are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including, without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error that may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [d] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest or submission to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or conduct of the Contest. in which case, Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prizes, or to select a Winner from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or cash redemption. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant only at the authorized website address of fleursdeprairie.com/seedsofbeauty. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any Potential Winner or Winner who enters by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry, at any time, in the event it is determined that the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules, or if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices (including entering a submission that is not the Entrant’s own original creation) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if not capable of completion or running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. By entering, Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws principles.
- ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest New York City, New York; (2) the seat of the arbitration shall be New York State; (3) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (4) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these official rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these official rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- WARRANTY: By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents (i) that the Entrant owns all rights to the Entry and submission he/she is entering in this Contest, (ii) that the Entrant is the individual referred to in the submission (iii) and that his/her Entry and submission(s): (a) are original to the Entrant and have been legally obtained and created, (b) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, rules, regulations, or network standards (Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void.); and (c) have not been entered in or won any previous contests or awards.
- PUBLICITY: By submitting an entry, each Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use Entrant’s name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Sponsor, its affiliated companies and the products or services of each, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, without compensation unless required by law. Entrant shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of Entrant’s name, picture, likeness, address (city and state) or biographical information.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to comply with all Official Rules as stated and agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and related companies, other companies associated with the promotion and operation of the Contest, directors, employees and agents of each (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use/misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: [a] unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; [b] technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; [c] printing errors or any errors made in the advertisement of the Contest; [d] lost, late, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, damaged, destroyed or mutilated Entries, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operations or transmissions, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials or failures in transmission of Entries; [e] errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or [f] lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail. Entrant shall not receive any compensation or credit for use of an Entry other than that disclosed in these Official Rules. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest, all prizes, and all materials provided on or through any Contest website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- WINNER LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or for a list of Winners (please specify), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 31, 2020, to: The Thomas Collective/2020 Fleurs de Prairie Seed Grant Rules or Winner List, 37 West 28th Street, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
Sponsor: Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, 201 Tresser Blvd, Ste. 500
Stamford, CT 06901
©2020 Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, Stamford, CT. Please Drink Responsibly.Back to Seeds of Beauty Page